Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thrive Time for Teens Board Game

 I am seriously behind posting my review of this game and it's completely my own fault. I've had the game on my shelf for two months now. My problem is that I only have one child with whom I think this game will make good sense for and all of our game playing time lately has been with all four girls. I'm looking forward to the older girls having two weeks home from school and am pretty sure there will be an opportunity to break this one out with M-almost-12 and try it out.

So in lieu of my own personal review, I will let the game speak for itself and hopefully you will get a good feel for what they are about and why I was interested in trying it out myself!
Thrive Time for Teens focues on teaching kids the concepts of smart spending, going to college, giving back, buying a car, using credit cards, and starting a business.
In their own words, "In this reality game, teens start in high school and have part time jobs. They will be faced with money and life decisions like buying cars, managing expenses, giving back to their community, paying for college, using credit cards, buying stocks and starting businesses.

The winner is the teen that not only generates income and makes positive financial decisions, but also effectively manages their time and does good for those around them."
Here's a video of the game in action:

 
I love games that are both fun and educational. This one has potential for both.
You can win a copy of it too! Here's how:
  • Simply leave any comment on this post. That's an automatic entry.
  • For a second entry, Check out the Thrive Time for Teens website and discover something new about the company. Come back and leave another comment saying what you found.
  • For a third entry, tweet this on Twitter:
Enter to win a Thrive Time for Teens Board Game via @MeganDunham here: http://bit.ly/gnUZTq!  
            Come back and leave another comment saying you did that.
  • For a fourth entry, mention this contest on your facebook wall and include the link to this giveaway: http://bit.ly/gnUZTq. Come back and leave another comment for that one too.
The winner will be selected by Random.org. This contest will close on Monday, December 20. The winner will be notified over the weekend and will need to respond within 24 hours or risk forfeiting the prize to the next in line. This giveaway is limited to a US address only.
Congrats to:
Picture 30
Picture 31
Congrats! I'm emailing you now!

Be sure to check out the rest of this week's reviews and giveaways!
Disclosure: I received this game two months ago and still haven't managed to play it with my kids. It isn't because I haven't wanted to. It's because our weekends have been completely insane this fall. This is not the fault of Thrive Time for Teens and their game still looks awesome to me.  See my proper disclosure statement here.

No comments: