Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hair Accessory Snob

 I will confess. I'm a hair accessory snob. You wouldn't know it to look at me because while I care about what kind of barrette goes into my hair, I don't necessarily care about how often I get my hair cut.

Priorities, everyone.

Ahem.

Anyway, I know the $1 store sells barrettes and pony tail holders and all that, but I don't like the quality. We've tried them before and I won't be making that mistake again.

So when the Hair Flair Boutique offered me some Scunci items WE ALREADY USE AND LOVE, I jumped at the chance. The reason why is that though I do love these things, they have wanderlust in our house. With four girls between 7-12 and one mama who also uses barrettes, things like this barely stand a chance around here.What I'm trying to say is that I need to take out stock in the Scuni company. I also need them to start sending me a pack of clips and elastics every month just in case...
So, what did they send me that we already use and love?

Picture 34

  First we have the snap clip staple. I'm not kidding when I say I have two that I HIDE FROM MY GIRLS. It's true.








Picture 35
Next we have the no slip elastics in blonde. This should be for obvious reasons (ie: we're all a form of blonde).






Picture 36 Finally we have the two in one tort headband which doubles as a headband AND a banana clip.

Granted, the banana clip hasn't exactly been a staple with me since 1988, but I'm forward thinking (or backward, as the case may be...) - I'm willing to give it a go. I have a feeling this one will get used as a headband more than a banana clip, though.

One piece of interesting Scunci trivia I wasn't aware of is that they actually have a website that gives more color options than you might find in your local Walgreens or some such. So if you really need a specific accessory in a specific hair color, check out the Hair Flair Boutique directly to see if they can help you out.
So. Am I alone in my hair accessory snobbery? Do you have a favorite brand? A favorite item? Where do you primarily buy your clips and such?
Disclosure: It's true. I received the three things you see above for free so that I would talk about them on my blog. Talking about them, though, is easy. We use these things all the time. I have a proper disclosure statement available here.

No comments: