Wednesday, December 29, 2010

SLAP Watch

Picture 5
Okay, if this item doesn't bring back some really funky memories of jr. high, then you are probably too young to be reading my blog.
I kid. No, you're a kid. Whatever, you are still welcome here, but if you have no idea what a Swatch Watch is, you have some 1980's research to do.
SLAP Watch actually bills themselves as a resurrection of a 90's trend in this way:
SLAP Watch is the latest brain child of Big Time Brands, creators of Zanybandz and Splash Watch. Released in July of this year in Germany, SLAP Watch is rewriting European gift trends history and is now invading the U.S. It is a unique twist on the silicon watch craze, incorporating the addictive mechanism of the spring coil bracelet of the 90's.
Okay, who knew there was a spring coil bracelet trend in the 90's? I guess I was finally growing out of plastic trends by then? If you remember that one, you are still too young to be reading my blog.
Kidding again. Of course.

The SLAP Watch is available in 6 colors with interchangeable faces - creating 36 different possibilities.

The SLAP Watch I received looks like this:

Picture 6 It's called the Alabaster SLAP Watch and goes for $17.95. You can add on two extra colored bands and the total would be $39.95. You can get five extra colored bands and the total would be $59.95.
The concept is a fun one and my oldest will think it's cool. My honest impression, though, is that the band is too wide. It's too wide for me and for my almost 12yo. They make a junior version of SLAP Watch as well and I'm inclined to think I would like that one better personally. The junior version has a smaller width to the band and includes the minute markings around the clock face.

Also, I wasn't sent any extra bands to try out the interchangeable aspect of the design.

Picture 8
Still, a neat idea. If I could choose for myself, I would go with the SLAP Jr. in Electricity Blue and get the complete set of colored bands to go with it.
I was actually sent two of the Alabaster SLAP Watches so I can give one away to one of you.
Here's how to enter:
1. Simply leave any comment on this post. That's an automatic entry.
2. For an extra entry, check out the SLAP Watch website and figure which style and color you like the best. Come back and let me know in the comments.
3. For a third entry, follow Slap_Watch on Twitter and tweet this message: Win a trendy @Slap_Watch via @MeganDunham here: http://bit.ly/gnUZTq! Come back and leave a comment saying you did that.
4. For a fourth entry, post this message on your Facebook wall: You can enter to win one of the new, trendy SLAP Watches! Click here: http://bit.ly/gnUZTq
5. For a fifth entry, "like" SLAP Watch on Facebook and mention this contest on their wall and include this link in your message: http://bit.ly/gnUZTq
The winner will be selected by Random.org. This contest will close on Tuesday, December 21. The winner will be notified pronto and will need to respond within 24 hours or risk forfeiting the prize to the next in line. This giveaway is limited to a US address only.
Congrats to:
Picture 42
Picture 43
Congrats! I'm emailing you now!
Be sure to check out the rest of this week's reviews and giveaways!
Disclosure: I received the non-jr version of the white SLAP Watch you see above. I like the concept, but am not particularly crazy about the size and wish I could have chosen my own colors. See my proper disclosure statement here. That is all.

No comments: