Thursday, December 30, 2010

Roundabouts Cupcake Sleeves


Picture 17
What is a Roundabout Cupcake Sleeve? Check it out:
From a gumball machine to an order of sushi, YOU too can transform standard cupcakes into virtually anything. Roundabouts® cupcake wrappers have the ability to make even the most boring cupcake a really fun experience for all!
ROUNDABOUTS® cupcake wraps are an innovative product designed for busy families like yours!  Using toppings easily found at your grocery store or local party supply store, these decorative non-bake cupcake wrappers will work wonders on ordinary cupcakes.
Here's what a package of Roundabout Cupcake Sleeves looks like:
Picture 19
And here's what they look like out of the package:
Picture 20
I'm going to be honest on this one - I was skeptical about these at first. I thought they would cheapen the overall look of the cupcake. And I think some of the prints available do lean that way. But some of them are pretty fun and make the cupcakes look nicer than they otherwise would.
The suggested decorating scheme for the snowflakes print that I choose was to sprinkle the tops with coconut. There isn't a single person in my family who cares for coconut, so I just sprinkled with red sprinkles. Not very snowflakey, but they still turned out cute and I thought the cupcake sleeves really did add something extra to the cupcakes. Look:
Picture 22
Okay, so I could have done a better job with the icing, but that's my own problem and not one that should be associated with the cupcake sleeves...ahem.
There are many different varieties to choose from, not just Christmas ones. I think these football helmet ones are pretty fun:
Picture 23
They cost $8.95 per package of 12. Shipping is $2.75 for the first package and an additional $0.65 per extra. They seem a little pricey to me, but when you consider the price of store bought themed cupcakes it seems to still come under that.
You can decide for yourself by winning a set of these to try out at your next party. Here's how:
1. Simply leave any comment on this post. That's an automatic entry.
2. For a second entry, "like" Roundabouts on Facebook and write something like this on their wall: I just entered to win a Cookie Swap gift pack from the Half-Pint House here: http://bit.ly/gTYxDc! Come back and leave another comment saying you did that.
3. For a third entry, follow @RoundaboutWraps on Twitter and tweet this: Enter to win a set of Cupcake Sleeves from @RoundaboutWraps and @MeganDunham here: http://bit.ly/gTYxDc! Come back and leave another comment saying you did that.
4. For a fourth entry, write on your Facebook wall that you hope to win a set of Cupcake Sleeves here: http://bit.ly/gTYxDc and come back and leave another comment for that one too.

The contest is open to US Residents only. The winner will be selected by Random.org. The contest will close on Friday, December 10. The winner will be notified over the weekend and will need to respond within 48 hours or risk forfeiting the prize to the next in line.
Congrats to:
Picture 59
Picture 60
I'm contacting you now!
See this post for the rest of this week's giveaways!
Disclosure: I was given a set of 12 snowflake cupcake sleeves. I was honest in my review when I said they were cute, but a bit on the expensive side. You can see my proper disclosure statement here.

No comments: